As I said, this a fairly short hike. There is a shortcut that we took as shown on the map below. We have not done the other portion so I'm not sure if adding this back into the hike would be worth it, but it definitely looked like it could be a scenic addition. Our goal was to make it to the pool as quickly as possible and cool off. Just as you begin the hike there are some Indian petroglyphs that are definitely worth the stop. They can be hard to find because they are hidden by the trees.
- Distance Hiked: About 4 miles
- Difficulty: Easy
- Best Time: Spring, Fall but the water is warmer in the summer
- Time To Complete: 3 to 4 hours depending on how long you linger in the pools etc.
- Type: Hike, scenic with pools of water and petroglyphs
- Location: San Rafael Swell near I-70 (see map) or click for Directions to the Turn Off from your location. Then follow the dirt road to the trail head as seen on the map below)
Key GPS Points
- Turn off from highway: 38.760392,-110.44825
- Park Vehicle, Trail Head: 38.785797,-110.488566
- Indian Petroglyphs: 38.786556,-110.492791
- Shortcut: 38.789558,-110.509251
- Eardley Pool: 38.787346,-110.519603
|Hiking just prior to pool|
|Unique Petroglyphs in a Beautiful Setting|