|A rare experience to hike the canyon wet!|
This hike can be done in a loop if you combine Bell Canyon and a portion of the Behind The Reef Jeep Trail. Bell Canyon is nowhere near as spectacular as Little Wild Horse however and the distance to do the loop will have some frustrated. For a quick hike some like to just hike to the end of the slots of Little Wild Horse and back down. When the junction of Bell is reached you may decide to hike up Bell for a bit to add a little distance or just return to your vehicle. For those wanting the long hike, the loop is scenic and a good hike if you don't mind walking on the dirt road for a bit. For more pictures check out our Little Wild Horse Flickr Set.
- Distance To Complete: Approx 8 miles for full loop
- Difficulty: Easy, but the full loop will take considerable effort because of distance.
- Best Time: Fall or Spring(check the forecast for rain!!)
- Time To Complete: 1 to 5 hrs depending on route and fitness
- Type: Hiking
- Location: West of Goblin Valley State Park, San Rafael Swell(see map) or click for Directions To Trail Head from your location then follow the route on the map.
Key GPS Points
- Trail Head/Parking: 38.582639,-110.802875
- Spur with Bell Canyon(Little Wild Horse Stay Right): 38.588967,-110.806717
- Opening where we waited out the flood: 38.595709,-110.804343
- Little Wild Horse Intersect Behind The Reef Road: 38.617801,-110.796401
- Bell Canyon Intersect Behind The Reef Road: 38.605284,-110.817001